Sunday, October 21, 2012

Current Obsession: Zeds Dead


Hello, my bass-loving butterflies!!  I want to take a moment and welcome our international viewers (you may be bots, but you may be awesome dub heads.  We welcome both...for now. :D)  As you guys know, I was one of the lucky thousands that went to Counterpoint last month, and with all the wonderful lasting memories and exciting after-effects on my life and musical palette, I came away from the experience with a newly rediscovered love for some of my favorite djs.  Namely, in this instance, I'm referring to ZEDS DEAD.

Hailing from north of the border (Toronto, CA), this musically-brilliant duo has been destroying venues and eardrums for years.  Starting their dance floor productions in 2009, they've released monster upon monster contributing their genre-breaking, hip-hop-influenced style to the anthology of room shakers.  To quote a friend of mine, "Zeds Dead makes the filthy really clean.  It's so crisp you can't help but move part of your body. -CPC"

Catch them live just once, and I promise you'll recognize what has made over 300K people salivate.  Check out their "The Living Dead EP" collaboration with Omar Linx.  Tracks below are some personal favorites.  Click Play. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment